Make a Gift
Graduate Students: Eligibility and Application
- Eligibility varies according to specific awards, but students must be registered for classes in the semester the fellowship is awarded.
- Visit this page for a complete list of graduate endowments and awards.
College of Pharmacy Endowed Graduate Fellowships and Continuing Fellowships:
- A general call for submissions will go out in mid-spring for the following academic year.
- The application will require a curriculum vita, a detailed, but brief description of your research goals and a timeline for completion, as well as two letters of recommendation.
- Awards sponsored by the Graduate School and University Co-op:
- Students are nominated by members of the College of Pharmacy faculty.
- Once the announcement for submissions is made, faculty should direct their nominations to the graduate coordinator.
- Excellence in Graduate Research Award.
- Once the announcement for submissions is made, students should direct self-nominations to the graduate coordinator.
- Matthews Scholarship.
- Awarded to up to three incoming students who have earned a Pharm.D. or B.S. from an ACPE-accredited pharmacy degree program.
- Accepted applicants will be notified of eligibility and asked to apply in the spring semester.
- Fellowship recipients are selected by the College of Pharmacy Graduate Financial Aid Committee and all decisions are final.
- Selection may be based on financial need, academic achievement, extracurricular activities, and/or other criteria.
- Several factors are taken into consideration including, but not limited to, the following: anticipated graduation date, academic achievement, the personal statement, involvement in student organizations within the College and/or University, research, estimated income and expenses, and unmet need as determined by the Office of Student Financial Services.
- Recipients are notified of selection in late spring.
- Disbursements vary according to the type and amount of award and will be outlined in the notification letter.
- Thank you letters are required for all recipients. The award letter will give instructions for sending thank you letters.