Texas Two Step
Just like dancing the Texas Two Step, some folks will pick up completing their applications with ease, while others will need some guidance from their partner to dance through this application process. Please make sure to contact PharmCAS and/or individual colleges of pharmacy for this guidance.
Applying to the UT Austin College of Pharmacy will require you to submit two applications to be considered for admissions. You will submit an application to PharmCAS and our College of Pharmacy supplemental application. Further details will be provided below.
Please contact the appropriate entity if you have any questions:
Application Timeline for the 2024 Application Cycle
- Applications (PharmCAS & Supplemental) Open: July 13, 2023
- Fall Priority Deadline: October 2, 2023
- Spring Final Deadline: February 1, 2024
- Latest PCAT acceptable for the fall priority deadline: July 6, 2023
- Latest PCAT acceptable for the spring final deadline: January 3-6, 2024
- Fall Priority Interview Day Considerations: October 2023 - November 2023
- Spring Final Interview Day Considerations: February 2024 - March 2024
- Specific dates will be provided later in applicant communication
- View additional interview details
Requirements to be Considered for Application Review
Application requirements and other materials that must be completed by an appropriate deadline to be considered for REVIEW by the Admissions Committee:
- “Verified” PharmCAS application status
- Submission & payment of the UT Austin College of Pharmacy supplemental application
- Three letters of recommendation reflected in the PharmCAS application
- PCAT scores (if applicable)
Pre-Pharmacy Prerequisite Academic Requirements
- All pre-pharmacy prerequisites must be completed prior to matriculation into pharmacy school
- Final grades must be “C-“ (letter-grade basis) or better
- One must have successfully completed Biology II (or equivalent) by Summer 2023 for application consideration
- One must at least be enrolled in Organic Chemistry I by Fall 2023 for application consideration
- “CR” or “S” on the Pass/Fail grading basis will be accepted to fulfill pre-pharmacy prerequisites for the Spring 2020 semester
- A WES course-by course evaluation for foreign transcripts must be submitted to PharmCAS by the appropriate deadline
Two Step Application Process
Step One: PharmCAS Application
The PharmCAS will be your primary application where you’ll submit official transcripts, PCAT scores, resume information (work experience, extracurricular & community volunteer experiences), personal essay, letters of reference, WES (Foreign Transcript Evaluation), etc.
Reference: PharmCAS Application Instructions
Step Two: Supplemental Application
Entry into the supplemental application will require you to have a UT EID and Password. If you need to create a UT EID or need to find out if you already have a UT EID (UT Electronic Identifier) having applied UT Austin in the past, please reference the UT EID Self-Service Tools.
If you need to access your supplemental application after the initial creation of your supplemental application account, you will be required to access your application using DUO (multi-factor authentication). Please reference DUO Help, if needed.
You can actually begin entering information into the supplemental application once you’ve created your PharmCAS Application ID.
Once you submit your completed supplemental application, you’ll receive a separate email directing you to our “WHAT I OWE” application billing system to submit payment.
Supplemental Application Cost: $100- nonrefundable fee