What Is A Pharmacist?
Take a moment to learn what a pharmacist is and what they can do in this profession. You will discover from the following sources that pharmacists are on the front lines with patient care and can be found in many practice settings from general to specialized areas. For some of you this will be an eye-opening discovery!
Let’s start with an article in U.S. News & World Report, “How to Become a Pharmacist“.
The UT Austin College of Pharmacy is committed to ensuring that aspiring Pharmacy Longhorns from all backgrounds have equal access to the college through intentional outreach and engagement efforts. The college has multiple programs that demonstrate a commitment to providing a supportive and collaborative approach to student and trainee success.
Visit our Training Programs page to learn more.
Is Pharmacy right for me?
- Learn about the history and profession of pharmacy
- Discover new practice settings for pharmacists
- Find a roadmap to becoming a pharmacist
- Understand the admissions requirements for getting into pharmacy schools
- Find resources, opportunities, and blogs
How do Pharmacists work?
- What do pharmacist do?
- Job outlook
- Work environment