To build upon the Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) education and outcomes to develop community-based pharmacist practitioners with diverse patient care, leadership, and education skills who are eligible to pursue advanced training opportunities including postgraduate year two (PGY-2) residencies and professional certifications.
The H-E-B Pharmacy/University of Texas PGY-1 Community Pharmacy Residency Program is dedicated to developing compassionate, confident, clinical providers of advanced patient care services in a community pharmacy setting.
Length of Residency
3 positions in Austin, Texas
All candidates must meet the following requirements (along with other skills):
- Bachelor of Pharmacy or PharmD from an ACPE accredited school or college of pharmacy
- Texas Pharmacist licensure by August 1st is preferred and by October 1st is required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Must complete required H-E-B orientation and training courses
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed, motivated, and committed to advancing the profession of pharmacy
View the Residency Manual for additional information.